• It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Pre-Con Hydro Pump Palooza

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Pre-Con Hydro Pump Palooza

Postby chasie » Thu May 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Pre-con Hydro Pump Palooza!
An assassination of fellow cosplayers during the unexciting hours of preregistration!
Basically bring your water guns/water balloons? >_<
I just want to know how many people would be interested?

-This will be on Thursday at 3pm-5pm. (Or until things simmer down)
-Bring your own gun, and TOWELS from home! Using the hotel towels for our shenanigans won't win us any points with the Marriott. (Besides we can hold a coolest/cutest towel contest! bwhaa)
-Colored ribbons of fabric will be brought and available for anyone who wants to play. These will allow us to recognize those who want to get soaked! I can't really enforce that you wear one, but please, pleaseeee be considerate of your fellow con goers. Besides; these strips of fabric will be free to you! Freeeee. You like free stuff right?
-Name tags will be provided for labeling belongings. Additionally we will have a safe area and a willing con wench, I mean volunteer... to watch over everyone's things while the battle ensues. (More than likely I will be in position for this job.)
-LOCATION Pending.I will be calling the Marriott within the next day or two to confirm a location where this can safely take place. I'm thinking the area just across from the convention center. Not entirely sure if the artificial turf is available to us to play on yet... If anyone has information on this then chime in!
-This is not an event hosted by Animazement or it's staff. If you decide to play in costume, realize that you run the risk of getting it wet/torn!
So pleaseeee don't come wearing some delicate costume with a prop that you worked on for ages! D;

This event is open to all and any suggestions on improving it!
And thanks to those who have already made so many wonderful suggestions!!! :oops: My adoration for you is unending.
Last edited by chasie on Mon May 13, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2011 was a dreamboat, but now I'm sailing on towards 2012.
chasie
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Re: Pre-Con Hydro Pump Palooza

Postby Tavex » Fri May 03, 2013 12:58 am

This sounds like a blast!
I'd so be down for this
Cosplay for 2014 AZ:

Mushishi: Ginko

Final Fantasy XIII: Snow (MIGHT do this again)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Postby chasie » Fri May 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Really?!!
Sweet! Well strap up for the precon then!
This was kind of just a whimsical idea, but I think we're going to flesh it out some more!
So for now, tell your friends and either way we're going to have an awesome time!
chasie

Postby Crazy_Beardie_Lady » Tue May 07, 2013 9:53 pm

i'm almost a little afraid to ask, but is it possible to just stand/sit somewhere and watch everyone else get squirted, without myself getting wet? i'm going to be wearing a very expensive and WHITE Princess Serenity dress.
Crazy_Beardie_Lady
Citizen of Macross City

Postby chasie » Wed May 08, 2013 2:00 am

Crazy_Beardie_Lady wrote:i'm almost a little afraid to ask, but is it possible to just stand/sit somewhere and watch everyone else get squirted, without myself getting wet? i'm going to be wearing a very expensive and WHITE Princess Serenity dress.

YES!!! (:
I'm not sure if this will be a 'big' event or not. But I'm hoping to bring enough strips of fabric for everyone participating to tie around their arm or something, signifying that they are 'fair game'.
Because although I won't be cosplaying on Thursday...I'd be pretty peeved if I was and got squirted!

Since I don't have a TON of responses in this thread, I'm assuming it will mostly just be my friends and I; in which case you are more than welcome to watch princess! (:
chasie

Postby MinaUchiha2 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:37 am

All I'm going to ask is have the strips large and a bright color, another in an all white cosplay would rather not get soaked. ^^' Probably doing this down at the fountains might be best.
MinaUchiha2
The Cosplay Uke

Postby Shenanagan » Thu May 09, 2013 8:18 pm

MinaUchiha2 wrote:All I'm going to ask is have the strips large and a bright color, another in an all white cosplay would rather not get soaked. ^^' Probably doing this down at the fountains might be best.

Agreed! Have it somewhere that people are made aware of so they don't mistake folks who aren't participating!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Tavex » Thu May 09, 2013 9:58 pm

The hell with that I'm soaking your ass for sure now if I see you :twisted:

Naaaaaahhh just kidding
Cosplay for 2014 AZ:

Mushishi: Ginko

Final Fantasy XIII: Snow (MIGHT do this again)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Postby Crazy_Beardie_Lady » Fri May 10, 2013 2:37 pm

you squirt my dress, i'm hitting you with my staff! it's solid wood, so trust me, it'll hurt!...plus i'd be sending you the dry cleaning bill. you should know better than to mess with a cosplay woman!

...also, i'll sic my boyfriend on you. after he stops staring at me and shouting "wet t-shirt" contest that is, knowing him...-_-
Crazy_Beardie_Lady
Citizen of Macross City

Postby chasie » Sat May 11, 2013 3:33 pm

MinaUchiha2 wrote:All I'm going to ask is have the strips large and a bright color, another in an all white cosplay would rather not get soaked. ^^' Probably doing this down at the fountains might be best.

We were thinking a neon orange or yellow.
Also, across the street where the hotel is would be nice. It's mostly away from the pretty cosplayers. And there is that artificial turf. (not sure if we're allowed on it though....)
I don't think doing it near the convention center would be a good idea with everyone running around. ^w^'
chasie

Postby chasie » Sat May 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Shenanagan wrote:

Agreed! Have it somewhere that people are made aware of so they don't mistake folks who aren't participating!

Believe me. My biggest fear for this event is disrupting those who aren't participating.
Which is why my first thought was to hold this at Morris Square a few blocks away. Or even across the street beside the hotel.
Away from the main doors of the con-center for sure! Because even if I hand out bright arm bands to the participants...accidents happen, so I'm trying to plan this to be away from any heavy areas of people.
chasie

Postby Marzipan » Sat May 11, 2013 5:39 pm

I like the idea of it being across from the Marriott. It means I will be safe. Unless I want a Jimmy John's sandwich...... and I know I will. xD
Join the very much UNofficial Animazement FB group!<3

Marzipan
Photoshoot Coordinator
Photoshoot Coordinator

Postby Shenanagan » Sat May 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Marzipan wrote:I like the idea of it being across from the Marriott. It means I will be safe. Unless I want a Jimmy John's sandwich...... and I know I will. xD

Marzipan!!! Make sure you bring your raincoat then XP
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Sat May 11, 2013 8:31 pm

O.O

I have to bring an outfit I can get soaked.
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Crazy_Beardie_Lady » Sat May 11, 2013 10:52 pm

so wait, what time and day is this even happening?? and i think across from the hotel on the turf would be fabulous, if i'm remembering it correctly...
Crazy_Beardie_Lady
Citizen of Macross City

Postby chasie » Sun May 12, 2013 12:08 am

Crazy_Beardie_Lady wrote:so wait, what time and day is this even happening?? and i think across from the hotel on the turf would be fabulous, if i'm remembering it correctly...

Yikes!
I really need to plan this out better! I will update the first post to show this soon!
To answer your question: It's Thursday afternoon. I need to take a gander at what all is happening Thursday before picking a solid time though...

I ideally want to pick a time of day that will be hot (of course), that also doesn't conflict with any pre-con stuff.
This is basically an event to fill in the gap of time where...absolutely nothing is happening on Thursday. (:

And please, let me know of any suggestions you have! I'm a novice on planning...anything... hah.
chasie

Postby chasie » Sun May 12, 2013 12:09 am

kaiser_forsaken wrote:O.O

I have to bring an outfit I can get soaked.

;D Yessss!

I will be providing strips of colored fabric to designate our players. (And possibly an arsenal of community pre filled water balloons. ) Participants bring a gun and clothes to 'get soaked' in!!!
chasie

Postby chasie » Sun May 12, 2013 12:14 am

Marzipan wrote:I like the idea of it being across from the Marriott. It means I will be safe. Unless I want a Jimmy John's sandwich...... and I know I will. xD

Hah! Well I'm looking at either across from the Marriott where people will be able to easily find and see what's going on. Or a few blocks away...which might be hard to find for some.

I really, reeeeallly hope this won't turn into something that would prevent anyone from Jimmmy John's or anything nearby for that matter.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions that could improve the safety of non-participants! I want this to be not only fun for us playing, but fun for people to watch and feel safe from.
chasie

Postby GoPikachu » Sun May 12, 2013 1:00 am

It would be a good idea for it to be in a easily found location and not too far from AZ. Otherwise you will have non-convention attendees get involved and maybe out of hand.
Also consider where you're going to refill your water guns at.

For those wanting to attend, these are some things to keep in mind-

1. Bring your own water guns. Dollars stores are great places to pick these up.

2. Bring good running shoes.

3. Have extra towels on hand for afterward (your own, not the hotel's).

4. If you don't like the feel of wet clothes, bring a poncho.

5. A safe, SAFE, place to store your badge.
GoPikachu
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby chasie » Sun May 12, 2013 1:04 am

GoPikachu wrote:It would be a good idea for it to be in a easily found location and not too far from AZ. Otherwise you will have non-convention attendees get involved and maybe out of hand.
Also consider where you're going to refill your water guns at.

For those wanting to attend, these are some things to keep in mind-

1. Bring your own water guns. Dollars stores are great places to pick these up.

2. Bring good running shoes.

3. Have extra towels on hand for afterward (your own, not the hotel's).

4. If you don't like the feel of wet clothes, bring a poncho.

5. A safe, SAFE, place to store your badge.

THIS.
Thank you for the many good tips!!! >/////<
chasie

Next

Return to Convention Discussion