• It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Hell 2013

All those big time events of the convention from Dances to Music Videos, from Cosplay to Karaoke, we'll talk about them here.

Moderator: Kaji

Hell 2013

Postby Phil » Wed May 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Hell is coming to Animazement on Friday, May 24th, 2013.
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Re: Hell 2013

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Wed May 01, 2013 10:43 pm

AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby invader56 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:25 am

Will we also have retro hell?
invader56
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby Phil » Mon May 06, 2013 11:45 am

invader56 wrote:Will we also have retro hell?

No, this year it's just going to be the regular Friday night Hell. However, I'm thinking about throwing some old bits that haven't been shown in ages into the Hell playlist. How would you guys feel about seeing some older material in Hell?
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby invader56 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:15 pm

I'd be fine with some. I'm sure a lot of us have either forgotten parts or would like to see some again.
invader56
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby DrGonzo369 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:40 am

My body is ready....

soooo ready.....

what time?
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism

Postby Phil » Wed May 08, 2013 1:26 pm

DrGonzo369 wrote:what time?

That's a good question. Presumably it's sometime between 9-10pm on Friday night, but I don't have the exact time just yet. I've got a message in asking about that and will report back with the details shortly.
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Phil » Wed May 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Hell will be from 9:30pm to 11:30pm on Friday, May 24th in Ballrooms A-B. Party! Join us!
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Kaji » Mon May 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Oh man, because the Karaoke Contest is Saturday this year, I won't get to end the contest by yelling "Give 'em Hell, Phil!"
Follow your grape to righteousness.
Kaji
Jesus 3.0

Postby Phil » Tue May 14, 2013 8:23 am

Kaji wrote:Oh man, because the Karaoke Contest is Saturday this year, I won't get to end the contest by yelling "Give 'em Hell, Phil!"

You'll have to show up and yell it anyway!
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Kaji » Tue May 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Phil wrote:You'll have to show up and yell it anyway!

Are you implying I have a habit of showing up at events and yelling? Because you're right.
Follow your grape to righteousness.
Kaji
Jesus 3.0

Postby Dimmuburger » Wed May 15, 2013 4:38 am

I actually still don't know what Hell is. And I've been coming since we were at the Durham sheraton
Dimmuburger
That's the Spirit!

Postby Phil » Sat May 18, 2013 9:57 am

Dimmuburger wrote:I actually still don't know what Hell is. And I've been coming since we were at the Durham sheraton

You can find out what Hell is this coming Friday at 9:30pm!
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby cyriades » Sun May 19, 2013 11:51 pm

I once had a dream that I was at Animazement and missed Hell. 'Twas a very bad dream. It's always the highlight of my year! Can't wait for the insanity, come this Friday night~
cyriades
Newest Host in Ouran High School

Postby Phil » Fri May 24, 2013 12:06 am

Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Phil » Sun May 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Howdy, gang. Here's the Animazement 2013 Hell playlist:

Pre-Hell Dance Party: "Depart" and "The Drone" by College. Here's the Hell Dance Party in action.

01 - Yellow Cake - Those little blue guys with white hats are absolutely not smurfs and they are absolutely not being subjugated by the evils of capitalism.

02 - Thunder Cops - In Hong Kong, regular cops just won't cut it, which is why they keep a combination Taoist SWAT team/air force on hand.

03 - Building A Human - Arpoovian Shebbery-Shenty requires you to view this update on the progress of our fantastic mission!

04 - Jazz That Nobody Asked For - You might be thinking that somebody somewhere probably asked for this particular jazz. You would be wrong.

05 - Starship Edelweiss - Or, if you prefer, Raumschiff Edelweiss. The Stardate 5928.5's were like that all the time.

06 - Dog Snack episodes One and Two - A sterling example of the sophisticated humor that both the Hell audience and myself love so much.

07 - Black Samurai - Jim Kelly is here as an agent of the Defense Reserve Agency Guardian Of Nations, which is like S.H.I.E.L.D. except a helluva lot funkier.

08 - Honkey Tonk Women working in a shoe factory - An important message from our state sponsor. Have you considered how wonderful it would be to work in a shoe factory?

09 - The Mechanism of Spring - Since we're referred to as "Anime Hell" in the program book, we're required to show at least one Japanese cartoon each year. Fortunately, as this trailer will attest, Hell is happy to embrace this duty.

10 - The Mighty Thor - We were privileged to show a special sneak preview of six minutes of the new Thor movie coming out this fall. Well...privileged might not be quite the word for it.

As I mentioned during Hell, if you showed someone both The Mechanism of Spring and The Mighty Thor and then asked them which they liked better, Japanese anime or American cartoons...they'd tell you to go to hell.

11 - "Got Me A Beard" by The Beards - A manifesto for our hairy, hairy times, as dedicated to AZ stalwart Chad.

12 - Underwear Gloria - An important message from our state sponsor. Have you considered how wonderful it would be to wear underwear?

13 - Ryusei Kacho - A film about the glorious legend of the middle manager who always got a seat on the train, no matter how crowded. Directed by Hideaki "I'm Feeling Much Better Now" Anno.

14 - Mighty Mister Titan - Legends about middle managers can be pretty lengthy, so it was time to take a much needed exercise break with Mighty Mister Titan. Here's a representative episode that you can follow along with at home!

15 - Dog Snack episodes Three and Four - Another subtle, nuanced outing, this time featuring the Dog Snack dance party!

16 - m-flo and Doping Panda: "She Loves The CREAM" - The dance party continues with this classic clip. This year we had all new Hell except for this video, but it's so damn cool a return engagement was mandatory.

17 - The Dungeonmaster - A perfect example of what happens when you start making a Mad Max knockoff and then the producers tell to you switch over to a Conan knockoff without wasting any footage you've already shot.

18 - Thriller Mineral Water - An important message from our state sponsor. Have you considered how wonderful it would be to drink refreshing mineral water?

19 - Man Spaghetti - The title says it all! Well, not really, but it's kinda hard to describe so you'll just have to click to see the magic in action for yourself.

20 - Moxie - A delightful film about a sad bear.

21 - Women of Cell Block 7 - !LESBIANAS INSACIABLES!

22 - Contortionist Luxury Goods - An important message from our state sponsor. Have you considered how wonderful it would be to own whatever it is they're shilling here?

23 - Dog Snack episodes Five and Six - The conclusion of this year's exhibition of genteel amusements carefully designed for only the most discriminating of audiences.

24 - The Reward - And, for our finale, an epic tale of adventure from the same animation school that gave us Space Stallions last year.

And there you have it. We completely filled two ballrooms this year and they stayed full for the entire show, with an estimated attendance of 1400 lost souls. As ever, Hell would not be possible without the invaluable assistance of Cameron Blashka, Jared Blashka, and Chris Culpepper. Also, special thanks to Jesse Triplett for providing a crucial last minute technical assist.
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Phil » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:23 am

Also, here's a webcomic appearance by the Hell banner. Go go Hell banner!
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby DrGonzo369 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:12 am

any word on Retro Hell 2013?
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism

Return to The Greatest Shows On Earth