• It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Clothing Regulations

Ask questions, discuss design tips and find others to organize a memorable photo shoot!

Moderator: PuppetQueen

Clothing Regulations

Postby Ghostkillah » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:59 pm

I am a United States Sailor, I was just wondering if wearing a uniform during convention is appropriate. If it is, please let me know. I know this is a fan forum and I didn't see anything against it in the code of conduct on the official site. Just have to ask, I am in the Master at Arms rate (Law Enforcement) and I hate to be breaking any kind of rules.
I am a United States Sailor. I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me. I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world. I proudly serve my country's Navy combat team with Honor, Courage and Commitment. I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.
Ghostkillah
Shonen Bat Victim

Re: Clothing Regulations

Postby Belle43 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:37 pm

I don't see why not, I was pretty sure I thought I saw some other people in uniform. Not sure though.
AZ 2014 Cosplays

Friday
Hakase Shinonome - Nichijou
Skull Kid - LoZ: Majora's Mask

Saturday
Gray Fox - MGS
Fem Punished Snake - MGSV:TPP

Belle43
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Also, thanks for your service Sailor.
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Ghostkillah » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Thanks, I know I will be taking leave for this con and will more than likely come straight out of the fleet. Will mostly have my uniforms and that's it.
I am a United States Sailor. I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me. I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world. I proudly serve my country's Navy combat team with Honor, Courage and Commitment. I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.
Ghostkillah
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:58 pm

I don't expect you'd get any flak for wearing your utilities. Dress Blues might raise an eyebrow if you aren't hitting a formal. Of course, if you're in . . . say . . . woodland BDUs ( :wink: ), you'll blend in with a lot of guys in costume. And you'll have bonus BA cred.
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby PuppetQueen » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Ghostkillah wrote:I am a United States Sailor, I was just wondering if wearing a uniform during convention is appropriate. If it is, please let me know. I know this is a fan forum and I didn't see anything against it in the code of conduct on the official site. Just have to ask, I am in the Master at Arms rate (Law Enforcement) and I hate to be breaking any kind of rules.

I personally know a sailor who went to a convention in his whites. It was nice seeing other servicemen give a wave when they saw him. We had some great conversations with vets and those who have family in the service.

With that said, I believe that it is completely appropriate. People will ask you if you are dress as someone, but try not to be offended by this. Instead inform them of what you do! Plus, who doesn't love a man in uniform? I also do not believe you will have any problem with being Master at Arms, it just makes you that much more interesting.

Since you are in the Navy, you do not have to worry about impersonating an officer. That probably sounds strange, but I used to wear my grandpa's army jacket. I was once stopped by a vet who suggested that I take off the major symbol that was on the collar. He politely told be about impersonation laws and didn't want me to accidentally get into any trouble for it.
Fan Forum Panel Host ||Terror Squad 36th Seat~
Cubone (Pokemon) | Fem!Loki (Avengers) | Zatsune Miku (Matryoshka) | Kirlia (Pokemon)
PuppetQueen
Local Polygamist

Postby Ghostkillah » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:02 pm

kaiser_forsaken wrote:I don't expect you'd get any flak for wearing your utilities. Dress Blues might raise an eyebrow if you aren't hitting a formal. Of course, if you're in . . . say . . . woodland BDUs ( :wink: ), you'll blend in with a lot of guys in costume. And you'll have bonus BA cred.

Basically, I will be flying from Bahrain to the convention lol so I will have my MARPATS (Basically Marine Dessert Camos with a US Navy Name-tape. and my NWU's and maybe my whites and possibly my NSU. That's all I will have. So yea, I may get some turned heads being all like "What? Did that guy have a giant silver badge on his chest? IS HE POLICE?"
Ghostkillah
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:08 pm

Ghostkillah, you wouldn't happen to be an old Spec Ops Paintball forum member, would you?
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Ghostkillah » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:48 pm

kaiser_forsaken wrote:Ghostkillah, you wouldn't happen to be an old Spec Ops Paintball forum member, would you?

Nope. I'm just a U.S. Navy Sailor. :)
Ghostkillah
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Thought I remembered a guy with that user name over there. Just wondering if you were the same guy.
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Return to Cosplay Q and A