• http://www.animazement.org/
  • It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:18 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Official Video Request Thread For Animazement 2014!

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Official Video Request Thread For Animazement 2014!

Postby Macross-Junkie » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:49 am

It's that time again people. Let us know what you want to see, or what you think others might enjoy, in the video rooms for 2014. Remember the rules though. It must be licensed in the US, and please no streaming titles from Crunchyroll or any other service (we have a terrible time with the internet in the RCC), only DVD or Blu-Ray releases please...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh / Battlestar Galactica
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Re: Official Video Request Thread For Animazement 2014!

Postby Phil » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:30 am

I'll get the ball rolling.

Patlabor OVA/TV - The first OVA Blu-ray set is out, and the first two TV Blu-ray sets are due out soon.

Kids on the Slope - Did any of this get shown in the video rooms this year? If not, the Blu-rays were recently released.

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail - The Blu-ray is finally due to drop later this summer!

Lupin III: A Women Called Fujiko Mine - Ditto.

Future Diary / Mirai Nikki - Ditto.

Captain Harlock TV - DVDs due out around August.

Cutey Honey (1973) - Ditto.

Michiko & Hatchin - Blu-rays finally due out sometime this fall.

Thermae Romae - A very quirky series, due out later this year.

Mad Bull 34 - I can't believe Diskotek licensed this OVA series.

Lily C.A.T. - I'm even more astonished that Diskotek is releasing this old Streamline title. Animazement needs more Alien knock-offs in the video rooms!

I'm also presuming that at least the second Berserk movie will be coming out within the next year. Also on the horizon are Evangelion 3.0 (or whatever they'll wind up calling it) and probably Wolf Children, the new flick from Mamoru "The Girl Who Leapt Through Summer Wars" Hosada.
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Chopstickman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Akikan
Baccano
Ultra Maniac
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Hare Guu
UFO ULtramaiden Valkryie
Yozakura Quartet
Yumeria
Sensei no Ojikan: Doki Doki School Hours
Petite Princess Yucie
Bottle Fairy
Angelic Layer
Chopstickman
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Macross-Junkie » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:27 am

::Chopstickman::
Actually several titles on your list have been shown over the last two years. I try to keep the rotation for stuff to repeat atleast 3 to 4 years, to keep it fresh. But don't fret, you do have a few titles on your list that I will add to the list for next year, lets just hope they make the cut, seeing as stuff newer to the market dictates the schedule...

::Phil::
Much of your list will be making it's debut next year, and is definitely on the "to show" list. Seeing as the powers above want me to try to show what's newest to the market in the U.S., it's refreshing to see that next year will be a BIG "Old School" year. Not only will we have stuff like Cutey Honey, and Harlock TV, but Princess Knight, Space Adventure Cobra TV, and the Dr. Slump movies should be out as well. Then there's some phenomenal series like, A woman Called Fujiko, Sword Art Online, and Berserk Movie II that I will be getting my hands on for sure, to make next year a romp in the park (or the convention center).

Now Phil, I've set the bar for my viewing rooms, it's up to you to give us a spectacular HELL...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Phil » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:50 am

Macross-Junkie wrote:it's refreshing to see that next year will be a BIG "Old School" year.

Hell yeah! I'd forgotten about Cobra TV and Princess Knight, and I think they just announced the Dr. Slump flicks.

Now Phil, I've set the bar for my viewing rooms, it's up to you to give us a spectacular HELL...

Man, 11 months away and already the pressure is on. I'll do my best!
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Chopstickman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Let's see if I have any winners with this batch

So I can't play H? (Dakara boku wa h ga dekinai?)
Kaga Kara Momoru
Kirameki Project
Megane na Kanojo
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
Yuyushiki
Yuruyuri
Hanamaru Youchien
Midori Days
Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z
Anyamaru Tantei Kiruminzuu
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru (My Girlfriend and Childhood Friend Fight Too Much)
Hit o Nerae (Smash Hit)
REC
Chopstickman
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Some other possibilities.

The good news is that the Mobile Suit Gundam UC (aka Unicorn) OVAs are finally getting a US release from Right Stuf. The bad news is that they're being released on DVD. Sigh. Chad, if you sneak in the Blu-ray copy instead, I won't tell anyone.

Sentai Filmworks went insane, struck a deal with Tatsunoko Pro, and will be releasing the original TV shows for Gatchaman and Casshan. Awesome.

Cat's Eye is possibly even more 80s than City Hunter, as astonishing as that is to contemplate. I think it's all the leotards and leg warmers that really does it. Either way, it's super awesome that this is getting a US release from Nozomi Entertainment.

Nozomi is also license rescuing Princess Nine, everyone's favorite show about a women's baseball team not set during the Taisho era. That's worth scheduling.

In other news, Black Magic M-66 just got reissued on DVD. It's not the best Shirow adaptation, but it's still totally worth watching and screening.

Finally, has anyone licensed Attack On Titan yet? I figure that's inevitable, though I dunno if it'll be out by the con next year. Ditto current shows Genshiken Nidame and WataMote.
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Macross-Junkie » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Hey Phil, don't forget all the goodness Discotek announced last week...

Lily Cat
Original Devilman
DALLOS (I'm super stokes about this one)
Card Captor Sakura Movie 1
Cutie Honey TV (Due out this Nov.)
Tekkaman Blade II (Due out this Oct.)

I'm telling you there are going to be a lot of angry teenagers next year because were not showing the latest episode of FATE/Whatever, and we're going to be focusing on so much old school stuff.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhhhh My plan is working out nicely, keep up the good work Nozomi and Discotek!!!
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby BobD » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:43 am

Macross-Junkie wrote:I'm telling you there are going to be a lot of angry teenagers next year because were not showing the latest episode of FATE/Whatever, and we're going to be focusing on so much old school stuff.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhhhh My plan is working out nicely, keep up the good work Nozomi and Discotek!!!

:storm:
That is so my life right now.
BobD
Old Geezer

Postby Phil » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Macross-Junkie wrote:DALLOS (I'm super stokes about this one)

I'm also incredibly stoked for Dallos. That basically has to get shown, if only for it's historical significance as the first OVA series. Is it any good? Who cares, it's thirty years old, it's directed by Mamoru Oshii, and it's SF about terrorists attacking lunar colonies. Sold!

Also, it's nice that Dallos is finally getting a disc release in the US. I remember seeing it available on VHS back in the day, but it has to have been out of print for at least fifteen years now.

BobD wrote::storm:

That looks like official approval of the all old school schedule to me!
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Macross-Junkie » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:57 am

Don't mind Bob's thunder cloud... In fact, with his new found freedom at the con, it wouldn't surprise me if he snuck off to one of my old school marathons. And speaking of Marathons, one way or another I will have Vol. 7 of "Gundam UC" on Blu-Ray, and if it's released in time, I think I might do a weekend Marathon of the series. Something like show Ep. 1 Friday morning, Ep. 2 Friday afternoon, Ep. 3 Friday Evening, and so forth onto Ep. 7 ending on Sunday. Add that with my old school hijinks, and I ought to alienate anyone under the age of 27...

But I still can't forget the new stuff that's coming out that deserves a fair shake at AZ this year. Like "GITS: Arise", "A Woman Named Fujiko", the 2nd "Berserk" film, and oh so much more. I swear, running these video rooms is going to break me financially....
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:30 am

Macross-Junkie wrote:And speaking of Marathons, one way or another I will have Vol. 7 of "Gundam UC" on Blu-Ray, and if it's released in time, I think I might do a weekend Marathon of the series. Something like show Ep. 1 Friday morning, Ep. 2 Friday afternoon, Ep. 3 Friday Evening, and so forth onto Ep. 7 ending on Sunday.

If you're going to schedule all of Unicorn, it should go something like this:

Saturday 12:00pm to 7:00pm - Gundam Unicorn 1-7

There, now that's a marathon!

I swear, running these video rooms is going to break me financially....

Don't use the Animazement video rooms as an excuse. You were going to buy piles of anime anyway! And, yes, A Woman Named Fujiko Mine is crucial.
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Phil » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:47 am

Good news from Otakon: Funimation has licensed rescued a bunch of Bandai titles. In particular, Cowboy Bebop will get a US Blu-ray release in 2014. Here's hoping it's early 2014 and that Bebop can make an appearance in HD in the video rooms!
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:33 am

Here's hoping for that BD release so I can get all of Cowboy Bebop on Blu-Ray. And Escaflowne. And DEAR GOD THEY HAVE OUTLAW STAR!
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Shenanagan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:34 am

Outlaw Star is amazing. >w<

In other news, apparently Miyazaki will be retiring from Studio Ghibli and filmmaking. So perhaps some Miyazaki classics are in order? :)
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Sooo . . . AniMax is releasing the Sword Art Online BluRays. Only costs a kidney a pop. ;D

Since many of the English Dub voice actresses are Animazement regulars (Cherami Leigh, Christine Cabanos), might not be a bad way to run a vid room, an autograph panel, and move some merch at the same time.
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Tavex » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Photon: The Idiot Adventures

Very under the radar anime that I don't think hardly anyone has seen.

Even though it's only 6 episodes, I still think people could get into it.

Or at least that would be my hope.
Current IDEAS for 2014 AZ:

D.Gray Man: Lavi(?)
Mushishi: Ginko(?)
Final Fantasy 7: Zack Fair(?)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Postby Macross-Junkie » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:41 am

I'd love to show some Miyazaki films in the Viewing Rooms, but Disney and G-Kids are near impossible to deal with. Last year we wanted to show Nausicaa, and G-Kids would only release the 35mm copy to us, which required special equipment and technicians, not to mention the $5000 fee they wanted to show the film.

As for SOA, I've already contacted Aniplex in advance about this title, and they don't want to release permission for the series to show at a con as long as it's running on Adult Swim, so that ones out as well.

I know you guys want to see these titles in our viewing rooms, and I'm working hard to provide, but there's only so much I can do when I'm at the mercy of the Industry itself. Not to worry though, I'm working on some surprises, and who knows, maybe if the RCC can get it's internet problems situated these surprises will come to fruition.
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:27 pm

It's cool man. You can "Ganbare!" all you want but sometimes it doesn't work out. You guys manage to impress every year, we trust ya.
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Tavex » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Golgo 13 anyone?
Current IDEAS for 2014 AZ:

D.Gray Man: Lavi(?)
Mushishi: Ginko(?)
Final Fantasy 7: Zack Fair(?)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Next

Return to Convention Discussion