• http://www.animazement.org/
  • It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:07 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Fall 2013 with the Carolina Otaku Uprising!

What's happening the other 51 weekends of the year? Organize some gatherings, find a club and keep in touch with all those new friends you made at Animazement!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Katharine

Fall 2013 with the Carolina Otaku Uprising!

Postby Phil » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:19 am

The Fall 2013 season of the Carolina Otaku Uprising has begun! COUP meets every Tuesday from 7-10pm in Hamilton 100 on the campus of UNC Chapel Hill. Regular shows this semester are Attack on Titan, Free!, and Dangan Ronpa. You can see the full schedule here. Party! Join us!
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Re: Fall 2013 with the Carolina Otaku Uprising!

Postby Tavex » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:25 pm

It seems like every part of NC except for where I live have some kind of anime club thing going on ;_;
Cosplay for 2014 AZ:

Mushishi: Ginko

Final Fantasy XIII: Snow (MIGHT do this again)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Postby Phil » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Tavex wrote:It seems like every part of NC except for where I live have some kind of anime club thing going on ;_;

That's your cue to start one in - hold on, lemme check what it says under your avatar - High Point. Googling "High Point NC comics" shows that there are at least two comic shops in the area, so you have places where you can put up flyers advertising a club. Also, it seems like there should be enough geeks at High Point University to get something going over there. Alternately, see if your local library will let you reserve space.

If you do get access to space at HPU or the library but don't have any AV equipment to work with, the big expense is a projector. It looks like you can buy dirt cheap projectors off of eBay or Amazon for less than $70, but they also appear to be near worthless; if you can put $200-$250 or so into the club that should provide you with a solid projector and a nice set of portable speakers. Laptop, projector, speakers, a pile of anime, flyers, and enthusiasm: suddenly, you've got your own Triad Genshiken going on!
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 pm

I know ECAS is in my area, but work is murdering me with the OT. :(

And there's not much in the way of online resources for them. So I have no idea when/where they meet or what they're up to.
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Phil » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:46 am

kaiser_forsaken wrote:I know ECAS is in my area, but work is murdering me with the OT. :(

And there's not much in the way of online resources for them. So I have no idea when/where they meet or what they're up to.

Sounds like you need to send a PM to Macross-Junkie and see if he can give you the skinny.
Phil
An Elder God...

Return to From June To May