• It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:13 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Auction part two

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Auction part two

Postby invader56 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Went to the auction and it ran out of time. We were told that the remaining items would be posted on the site after the con. Does anyone know what happened to this?
invader56
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Re: Auction part two

Postby Dostovei Illuminas » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:56 pm

I've been wondering about this myself. One of my friends donated several items to the auction and none of them were brought up for bid. It'll be disappointing if we have to wait until next year to see them.
Dostovei Illuminas
Citizen of Macross City

Postby invader56 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:56 pm

We were told to check the website...

I come almost everyday just for the countdown and still don't see anything about it.
invader56

Postby Macross-Junkie » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:05 am

Sometime within the coming weeks all items that didn't make the auction block, or were donated will be put into a charity auction on eBay. It's going to take a few weeks though, considering there is much to orginize, take pictures, do listings etc., and the fact that the staff that will be taking care of this don't all live in the Raleigh area and have to drive in for meetings and so forth. So please, bear with us, the items will be listed soon enough...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh / Battlestar Galactica
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby invader56 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:32 am

OH take your time. Just the con ended and no more word was said about it. Please keep us updated when the items are posted!
invader56

Postby Dostovei Illuminas » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Still wondering about this. Posted something on Facebook to ask and was told "soon." That was a week or two ago.
Dostovei Illuminas
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Macross-Junkie » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:02 am

I know our director took some things to Japan with her to get signed when they were meeting up with potential guests. I have half the items with me, waiting on the word to start listing. Our director is due back sometime before Otakon, so maybe after Otakon weekend we might have something up... I promise we haven't forgotten about it though...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Dostovei Illuminas » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:15 pm

Heh, well if I have anything left after Otakon's auction then I'll be looking forward to seeing what gets posted. I have quite a sizable chunk set aside for them with their guest list this year, so guess we'll see how things go.
Dostovei Illuminas
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Dostovei Illuminas » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Well, it's after Otakon weekend, and I still have money to burn. Any news on the auction?
Dostovei Illuminas
Citizen of Macross City

Postby invader56 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Dostovei Illuminas wrote:Well, it's after Otakon weekend, and I still have money to burn. Any news on the auction?

I guess we're the only two who like anime and charity
invader56

Postby Cutiebunny » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:12 am

Thank you. As the person who donated several of the items for your charity auction, any update would be appreciated.
Please visit my cel gallery!
Cutiebunny
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Macross-Junkie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:14 pm

We had a meeting today at the Animazment Office, and the Director and myself sat down and set-up the eBay account for the Charity Auction. The seller name for Animazement on eBay is "Animazement-Auctions". Considering this is our first outing on eBay we will have some selling limits, so we will only be listing about 10 items a month, until our account has reached a certain feedback rating. The auctions themselves will start this upcoming week (I will post when I've listed the first few).

Some of you have donated some extremely nice items, especially those related to Sailor Moon and Pokemon. You may notice that some of these items will not be listed. On our Directors trip to Japan she met up with Keiko Han to get some items signed, and she fell in love with the novelty of American made Anime items (an example would be the Sailor Moon Manga that was donated). She ended up making us a very generous offer to buy the items in question for the Japan Relief Charity. But don't fret, there are still some very appealing items coming down the line, like Signed Sailor Moon (Luna to be exact) Animation Cels, Signed Sailor Moon Trading Cards, One Piece Figures, and much more.

So keep an eye out this week, and we will have the auction rolling...
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Dostovei Illuminas » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Nice, glad to hear this is finally coming along. I'm looking forward to seeing the items that get listed. Thanks for giving us an update.
Dostovei Illuminas
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Cutiebunny » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Are the auctions up yet?
Please visit my cel gallery!
Cutiebunny
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Macross-Junkie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Sorry for the delay people, I kinda got to involved volunteering for Librari-Con last week. But the first wave of auctions are up.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/animazement-auc ... 7675.l2562

As I stated before, since Animazement-Auctions doesn't have much feedback yet, eBay has us on our trial basis, which means we can only list about 10 items a month for the next few months. But the auctions are finally running, so enjoy, and bid for charity....
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Dostovei Illuminas » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Looks like the first round of auctions is over, any idea on when round two will be posted?
Dostovei Illuminas
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Macross-Junkie » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:30 am

I just packaged up everything that sold from the first round, and am running it to the Post Office some time this week. So to be on the safe side, lets say the next round of auctions will go up some time next week...
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby invader56 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 pm

NOOO I missed the first round, but at least I'll know to look for the second round.
invader56

Postby Dostovei Illuminas » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:33 am

Any word on the next round of auctions?
Dostovei Illuminas
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Tavex » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:50 am

I was actually a bit tempted to get that DBZ item x_X
Cosplay for 2014 AZ:

Mushishi: Ginko

Final Fantasy XIII: Snow (MIGHT do this again)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Next

Return to Convention Discussion