• It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:34 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Marriot

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Marriot

Postby AskkBeyond » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:14 am

So I reserved a hotel room at the Marriot like a 3 months ago just so I'd have my own this time to avoid being with strangers.
Is it really $100 a night?
I've never heard of a thing like that.

But if there is, would I have to call and tell them about the con? Or the fact I reserved for those days would make it obvious?
I'm at lost, this is my first time reserving a room.
"Bang bang. Just like that, you could of been dead."
============
AZ 2014
Lawliet
Matt Jeevas
AskkBeyond
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Re: Marriot

Postby Tigress » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 am

Hotel rooms can range anywhere from $39/night to quadruple digits. The most I've paid is $229/night, but the rooms are really nice, it's across the street from the venue and they offer a free hot breakfast.

The $39/night was at a rat-hole in DC when my family visited my aunt. We had dirty sheets and had to ask twice for them to bring up fresh ones. Then we had to change the sheets ourselves and and fix our own toilet when it wouldn't flush. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

When you get the hotel, just hand over your license and method payment and you're good to go. They know about the con already, since we've been in the area every year since '09. :3
Kat's Play -- Costume Artist

I always wanted to be somebody, but I should've been more specific.

-- Lily Tomlin
Tigress
Black Rose Duelist

Postby R3dOtaku » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm pretty sure you have to specifically tell them about the Group Code to get the discount. Otherwise you're still paying full price if you simply reserve a room for those days. From what I've read Animazment has to work that out with Marriot each year. That's why myself and others are still waiting to hear form Animazement about the Hotel specials for this year.

Once again, can we please have something to where we can sign up for updates instead of just checking back randomly hoping for an update?
R3dOtaku
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby R3dOtaku » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Ok, maybe somebody can help me out here... I'm not trying to steal this thread but I thought this was related and did not want to start another thread..

I've been checking the AZ website and the forum every other week waiting to hear about the Hotel Information like the past few years. Well today I got tired of waiting so i went to reserve my room at the Marriott anyways. I went online and they said they were sold out.. I called to make sure and they confirmed they were completely booked. So I decided to try to reserve a room at the Sheraton. I went to the AZ website to look up Sheraton's info when I noticed the code and the link...
Reservations: 1-800-236-2427 (code: anmanma)
http://www.marriott.com/az

Just to try I tried reserving through that link and I got through... I've double checked my confirmations and they all say 2014 so no mistake there. Am I missing something? Does AZ reserve rooms so that you have to go through that link to get a reservation? I ask because that would explain what happened. As well as my confirmation says, "Attendees Room Block Only". I just want to know if they have double booked and whether I will get a room or not..

Also, to continue to answer the original post, my reservation confirmation said $116 per night. This is what I've paid the past couple years. I believe the regular rate is around $149 or something. But again, pretty sure you have to use the group code to get the discount.
R3dOtaku
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby banvoic3 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:49 pm

If it went through, then I would say you're not missing anything. I reserved in August through the link provided, but it's not necessary to go through that link. As long as you go to the right hotel site and input the code, it should work. I'm not sure what the "Attendees Room Block Only" means as my confirmation says "ANIMAZEMENT 2014", so I'd ask about that.

Also, your confirmation email should tell you whether or not you're getting (or guaranteed) a room. As for double-booking, I would call or shoot an email, or check to see if your confirmation says that you have more than one room booked.

If you can't figure it out, my recommendation would be to cancel and re-reserve. It's not sold out yet.
AZ'14
Hoka Inumuta (Kill la Kill)
Fact Core (Portal 2)
Otacon (MGS2)
Tokiya Ichinose (Uta-Pri)
banvoic3
Newest Host in Ouran High School

Postby Tigress » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Yes, the hotels don't book completely until early February. And you can always call the hotel directly to confirm your reservation is good.
Kat's Play -- Costume Artist

I always wanted to be somebody, but I should've been more specific.

-- Lily Tomlin
Tigress
Black Rose Duelist

Postby AskkBeyond » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:17 pm

By the way, I just checked the reservation I did for the Marriot.
And it says Animazement 2014.
I reserved the room on 9/11 so pretty early.
at only $116 a night equaling out to be 261.58 w/ taxes.
So guys, you can literally just call them at this point, say you want the nights of the convention or you know mention it to them in some way. And you can start reserving now.
I don't understand why people wait for the convention to say go when that means you're less likely to get the room.~
"Bang bang. Just like that, you could of been dead."
============
AZ 2014
Lawliet
Matt Jeevas
AskkBeyond
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby invader56 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:38 pm

We always call the Marriot front desk directly a few months after the con and ask for next years rate and it has worked for three years in a row now.
invader56
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby ilovebutch19 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:24 pm

I just booked my room at the Marriot for the weekend of AZ with no problems so there are rooms left at the Marriot. Just a little heads up. :)
ImageImage

Cosplays for 2014:
Good Luck Care Bear - 0%
Muse (Hercules) - 0%
Fruit Loop Girl - 0%
OTP Character- Rayana (?) - 60%
ilovebutch19
S.O.S. Brigade Initiate

Postby Detta » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 am

I'm waiting for the Sheraton rates to be posted.
Is there any way that we can book with them on the con rates without waiting for the site to update it?

The Marriot isn't bad but they've screwed me over twice over the years with no remorse. I'm tempted to book a room and hold it then cancel once the Sheraton link comes up.
Detta
Shonen Bat Victim

Return to Convention Discussion